[VHFcontesting] This weekend VHF contest

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Tue Jun 6 13:39:05 EDT 2017

Be polite to the extreme.  A couple big guns got on 146.520 sunday afternoon pounding away calling cq every few seconds in jan and the contacts dried up.   Call cq a couple times and if there is no response try another band.  If someone else calls cq for a rag chew let them be and qsy for 5 or 10 minutes.  Lots of fm folks know nothing about or even dislike contesting.  Many will want to talk for a bit to see what its all about. Engage them, make it fun and folks will come out of the woodwork for the novelty of it. A big plus is that folks gwt really excited about doing fm simplex beyond 100 or 200 miles and they will call friends so they can do it too.

Have a light touch and be friendly.

73
John
KM4KMU