[VHFcontesting] 50.276

Paul Stoetzer n8hm at arrl.net
Tue Jun 13 12:02:32 EDT 2017

This has been great and I've been able to work lots of new stuff on 6
meters with a dipole on my south facing balcony. The big advantage is
being able to make QSOs while I work. Even if I'm on the phone, I can
keep clicking to make the QSOs! Since you don't need to pipe audio in,
setting up a remote station is a trivial matter of installing
TeamViewer or similar software, which helps to explain it's popularity
during the work week as well.

The downside is JT65A is very time consuming and the sensitivity is
not needed for most single hop sporadic E. Taking four minutes to
complete a QSO with -01 reports both ways tends to waste time during a
sporadic E opening. I know that K1JT has been experimenting with some
new modes that trade time for a little less sensitivity. Hopefully
those will become prevalent next summer.

73,

Paul, N8HM