[VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF - modes

Peter Laws plaws0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 19:23:13 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 5:12 PM, Joe <ptvjoe at pa.net> wrote:
> WA3ABC WA3ZZZ 6A  WPA,  cant be fit on one line as its more than 13
> characters that includes spaces.
>
> Perhaps, ' WA3ABC WA3ZZZ 6A ' ( on one line) Then,
> 'WA3ABC WA3ZZZ  WPA' on the second line would perhaps fit?

I have never used any of Prof Taylor's modes, but this:

http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/k1jt/wsjtx-doc/wsjtx-main-1.7.0.html#_free_text_messages

... appears to say you have 13 characters after the callsigns.
Seems more than enough for Class (max 3), Section (max 3), and even
Grid (4) plus 2 spaces (total max 12).

If the callsigns were included, you'd have zero characters left after
"AB5XYZ WZ5ABC" ...