[VHFcontesting] Using the VC2EME call with WSJT and WSJT-x

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Fri Jun 16 22:44:03 EDT 2017

After reading Peter's(N5UWY) post, I began wondering if our special call
for Zone2 was going to work in WSJT and WSJT-X.  The VC prefix is not
listed in either program.  However, it is not a compound call either.

1)Will VC2EME work?  I believe that it will.  Testing with WSJT appears
to work, although I don't have a radio connected to this computer.

2)Should stations put VC or VC2 into the DXCC prefix box in WSJT?

3)We will probably use WSJT v9.3 for EME on 2M and WSJT-X for all the
MSM144 on both 2M and 6M.

If anyone has a definitive answer here, please let me know right away,
off the reflector.  Use k5qe at k5qe.com please.

I have a feeling that I am worried about a "non-issue"....I do that
right before a big DXpedition....HI.

Please do try to work us in Zone2 if you can....more info on MMMonVHF.

73 Marshall K5QE