[VHFcontesting] Lightning arrestor recommendations?

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Mon Jun 26 00:35:59 EDT 2017

Hey all,

Subject pretty much says it all, I'm hoping to fix my "not so great" station grounding this summer and would like to find a couple of preferably bulkhead-mount lightning arrestors able to cover DC-500MHz for 1kw or so and "reasonable power" at least through 23cm.

I'm especially curious how the EME'ers do it, given the sensitivities to high power and insertion loss, etc.  Any recommendations?

Any guidance on safely punching a modest hole through a block foundation would also be welcome... including asking professionals to help. ;-)

Hope you all had an enjoyable Field Day weekend,

Patrick
KB8DGC