[VHFcontesting] K1DY sprint report

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Thu May 4 11:30:31 EDT 2017

Well, I thought conditions were quite poor, though activity seemed OK. Worked 10 Q's in 7 grids. best DX K3TUF in FN10 at 757km and WB2RVX in FM29 at 720km, both very weak and a LOT of work on CW.. Best to the west VE2XX at 397km who was S9+++ Heard several grids that I didn't work, and as is not unusual, never even heard my own grid.

Tried using ON4KST chat for the first time and must admit, though I did net a QSO or 2 from it, it was mostly a distraction and it had me wondering if I was missing more QSO's by not concentrating on the radio while watching the reports whiz by on the computer screen. I tried several times to arrange qso's with stations that way with no response. Possibly there are some fine points to using this tool I am unaware of?? Oh yeah, I completed on all the skeds I made by email ahead of time (the old fashioned way) hee hee..

Anyway, there ya go, thanks to all who got on and to the sponsors..

bill, K1DY FN54JQ Maine