[VHFcontesting] Maidenhead grid locating for Rovers, now GPS time sync...

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Fri May 12 17:46:12 EDT 2017

The short answer is "probably."   At my home station I feed the one pulse per second output from one of my GPS units into a "time server" which connects to my Ethernet network.  In turn my computers can use the time server as a highly accurate time source.   All plug and play using equipment sourced via eBay.   There is a "time nuts" mailing list where these issues are discussed in more detail.

All that being said in my portable / rover station I've found occasionally setting my Laptop clocks while listening to wwv is more than accurate enough while running modes such as JT65 and MSK144, but I realize some people want the best possible solution to a give issue.

73
Mark Spencer

VE7AFZ

mark at alignedsolutions.com