[VHFcontesting] Icom 9700

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Thu Nov 23 11:50:38 EST 2017

MY first though when I saw this announced a few months ago ?

...if this is a SDR based direct-sampled radio, there is absolutely NO
reason why they could not have a software load for the US/Canada market
that allows the radio to operate on 222 MHZ !  Maybe they would have to add
an extra filter or something, but I doubt it would be anything major that
they couldn't of worked out during the initial design phase.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.