[VHFcontesting] [PNWVHFS] FT8 frequencies for 2m and 70cm --tentative decision

James Worsham w4kxy at bellsouth.net
Sun Oct 15 16:01:35 EDT 2017

Just to add another perspective.  I am glad to hear that there is that much activity on 2m and 70cm where Steve is at but here (Georgia) those bands are almost a waste land even during contests.  You could probably do FT8 on the calling frequencies and no one would object!  I am all for any mode on any frequency that creates interest and activity.  Now that I have said that, my only comment is that 432.500 is too far away from the center of what little activity there is here.  Something further down the band closer to the calling frequency would be best for here.

73
Jim, W4KXY

Sent from my iPad