[VHFcontesting] FM08 FM Contesting Station: KM4KMU

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Tue Sep 5 00:13:35 EDT 2017

I will be setting up my FM Only category station on Reddish Knob at 4,500 feet in FM08JL which is almost dead center for FM08.

100W and 12' boom beams on 6m, 2m, 1.25m & 70cm.
I will be calling CQ and listening primarily on 146.520 but will also be working 52.525 (6m FM), 223.5 (1.25m FM) and 446.0 (70cm FM) as I QSY around the lower four bands.

I have a demonstrated range of 250 miles on 2m and 1.25m FM.  With recent upgrades I hope for a similar ranges on 6m and 70cm.  If you are in the following grids (which I have reached before) please keep and ear open or give me a call when you see a lull in SSB.

EN90 (SE), FN00, FN10, FN20 (SW)
EM99 (E), FM09, FM19, FM29(W)
EM98 (E), FM08, FM18
EM97(E), FM07, FM17 (NE)
EM96 (NE), FM06 (N), FM16 (NE)

If we make a Q on 2M FM but fail on the other bands I can always jump over to SSB (6m & 70cm) to give you a couple extra points.

My cell is 703 678 6795.  TEXT for a sched if desired.  I am deep in the National Radio Quiet Zone (with permission) so VOX cell is non existent, text usually works.  Contact me by midnight Friday (good cell coverage) and I will put you on the list.  Send your grid so I can aim the beams.

73 and good luck.
John Young
KM4KMU