[VHFcontesting] K8GP / Rover route Sept VHF 2017

Grid Pirates Grid.Pirates at k8gp.net
Fri Sep 8 13:40:45 EDT 2017

Here's our (Terry/W8ZN & Andy/K1RA) potential route with grids and
operating time, as well as band/mode and contact info:

FM08us - 1800z-2130z (2:00p-5:30p)
FM09te - 2330z-0300z (7:30p-11:00p)
FN00rg - 0530z (1:30a) arrive/sleep

FN00rg - 1030z-1515z (6:30a-11:15a)
FN10db - 1645z-1900z (12:45p-3:00p)
FM19aw - 2000z-2215z (4:00p-6:15p)
FM18dv - 0045z-0300z (8:45p-11:00p)

Bands: 50 MHz - 10 GHz SSB/CW & FT8 and some FM 52 - 446 MHz

You can track us on APRS here:

https://aprs.fi/#!call=a%2FK8GP&timerange=10800&tail=10800

Text/SMS us at 540-300-5172 for skeds - no voice or voice mail please

Look for us is chat rooms as either K8GP, W8ZN and/or K1RA

We'd like to attempt FT8 on some of the higher bands where we have trouble
eeking out CW QSOs, so if you're setup for that, please let us know!

And now the back story on the rover since we attempted to operate in June.
Terry and I experienced several failures which ultimately made for a slow
start on Sat and eventually put us off the air Sun morn.  We spent all Sun
ripping apart the rover and the entire week after the contest redesigning
it.  The plan was to spend a day a week over the summer so we would be
completely tested and ready for June. HA! Just the opposite, we hardly had
any time to fine tune and again we're down to the wire to get the rover
ready for the weekend.  Fingers crossed we actually get out of the driveway
and don't have any major failures!  The most significant change from an
operating perspective is that I should be able to run 50-1296 MHz and Terry
should be able to run 50 MHz - 10 Ghz, vs. the old design of me using
50-432 and Terry >902, so that should keep us busy running all the bands
together with some overlap.

73 & GL to all !

andyz - K1RA @ K8GP/R

p.s. - here's a few pix of the rover in flux before and after June 2017 as
we zero in on this weekend's contest

Before June 2017
https://photos.app.goo.gl/9MklHwIxeWdBGWhd2

After June 2017