[VHFcontesting] K1DY September VHF contest

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 11 11:48:37 EDT 2017

I echo Ron's comments (re-echo I guess), Though I do admit the ON4KST chat made it a LOT easier to get stations to point their antennas this way!! Weird that I was logging on paper and using computer for "chatting".. seemed backwards somehow..

Anyway, as some of you know, I'm slowly putting the home station back together. Now have good single Yagis at 120ft but under 100 watts running on the lower 4. Spent about 6 hours operating , and had some ~ 500 mile QSO's on 2, 300+miles on 222,432 all with 50 watts! Condx were up and down, mostly down, and here's the run down:

6:     12  7
2:     24  14
222: 13  9
432: 17  10