[VHFcontesting] September VHF contest

K7XC Tim Marek k7xcnv1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 21:31:06 EDT 2017

Notice the man with the rant has the highest score because he did the work
of juggling all those distractions and managed to operate well. Yes it
sounds like a bitch but that's what separates the winners from the rest is
how much harder they work!

lets face it people, the days of CW / SSB ONLY VHF Contests are OVER! FT8
and MSK have changed the landscape, Forever! So instead of complaining lets
learn and adapt from it all.

Whats needed it a web site that is a single stop, fast and efficient,
source of info that supports ALL THE MODES, Legacy and New. Lets Face it,
the hurkey jurkey slow refresh chat pages are a waste of precious time. The
only reason we are still there is they were there First... Just like
LT65... Doesnt make them better, just first and now antiquated. its time to
move on to a better, faster, watering hole of Information and abandon the
slow ones like the antiques they are.

As to operating, try living behind a 2500 ft long shield wall called the
Sierra Nevada Mountains / Pacific Coast Range, place all the active
stations on the other side of the mountains from yourself. Add to that
anytime you aim any other direction the nearest active stations are 400+
miles away. Ponder that for a bit.

I worked my butt of for a score barely above 1K and yet see folks scoring
25K, 50K, and more complaining just how hard it was, how disappointed they
are, etc....  Anytime you want a real challenge knock on my door and have
at it... I guarantee it will be a humbling experience (My station isn't
tiny either).

Anyways, I just get tired of all the Midwest and Eastern folks ranting how
hard they have it and thought I would hand you all a slice of how truly
difficult it is for the rest of us.

All that being said, I had fun, made a few amazing contacts, and learned
better how to use FT8 and MSK144 to my advantage. See you in the pile ups!

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh... sk

Adapt... Overcome... Succeed!!!