[VHFcontesting] The digital modes and the Sept contest....

Ron Klimas WZ1V wz1v at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 12 08:09:40 EDT 2017

HI Marshall: You are spot on about FT8.
I'm a complete "newbie" myself but quickly
realized the problem. Perhaps the ARRL could
help by publishing guidelines for it's use in the
VHF Contest rules. IMO if it clearly stated
you must be set to "Contest-Mode" Grid exchange,
and you must use manual sequence advancement,
ie. "Auto-Mode" must be off for contests,
it would greatly alleviate the problem.
A Primer about how to manually sequence though
the exchanges required for a valid contact
couldn't hurt either.
-73 Ron WZ1V