[VHFcontesting] September VHF contest

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 00:23:16 EDT 2017

Hi John,

That's some rover you have!

We're okay with EMT in our setup. Right now we're just using 10' sections,
and I think they are at least 2" in diameter. With 2 smaller beams than
you're running, they are super stiff. I wouldn't go much higher than that
with these, especially since guying becomes a concern.

We need to find more of those stupid high locations. Finding ones around
that are drive up that do not include a huge amount of other transmitters
and aren't Mt. Washington (out of the way and a heck of a drive up) or Mt.
Equinox (occupied by WB1GQR) is difficult. Also, those locations are
generally closed for the January contest.

73,
Sean WA1TE