[VHFcontesting] The digital modes and the Sept contest

Jim Worsham w4kxy at bellsouth.net
Wed Sep 13 02:49:33 EDT 2017

Hello Kenny.  How is everything going?  Forget decades.  How about now!  I see this all the time now at work.  The millennials would rather IM or email you than talk to you.  God help you if you actually show up in their office for a face-to-face.  You quickly become the creepy old guy.  I am not sure if that is what is driving your experiences with the use of digital modes when they aren't needed for weak signals but I wouldn't be surprised.  Bottom line as I see it is digital modes will be good for bringing in new, younger blood to the hobby but these younger millennial hams will not be like us older folks.  I have two millennial children and they think different so don't try to pressure them into the old ways of doing things.  My 2 cents.

73
Jim, W4KXY

Sent from my iPad