[VHFcontesting] The digital modes and the Sept contest

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Wed Sep 13 10:52:44 EDT 2017

Zack, I think JT65 or one of the JT9 modes would work very well on any
microwave band as long as both ends were frequency stable.  If someone
drifts, which is likely, I there would be problems.  Rapid fading or any
kind of propagation distortion (multi-path, ect) might have a detrimental
effect, depending on which digital mode you used.

Personally, I think JT65 is a proper and useful mode for microwaves.  One
of the JT65 sub-modes was designed from the start for terrestrial microwave
operation, not EME.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner