[VHFcontesting] Log Periodic ?

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Wed Sep 13 16:09:36 EDT 2017

Hi:

I've used the (IIRC 105 thru 1300 MHz ?) version for several years.

 I'm happy with my purchase.   That being said it is not my primary contesting antenna and it stayed at home during the last contest as I didn't think it had enough gain to be useful at the sites I planned on visiting (plus mine didn't cover 50 MHz.)

I'm happy with the built quality of mine and it seems to have held up well to traveling in the bed of my 4x4 on forest roads.   In my experience it is a handy multi band antenna with some gain and directivity and I've made lots of contest contacts with mine.

I'd also be curious in hearing from those who have used the version that covers 50 Mhz.   I've pondered putting one up at my home qth to get a horizontal antenna with a certain amount of gain on 50 MHz and up.

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ
mark at alignedsolutions.com