[VHFcontesting] DEMI 1296 transverter and M57762 amp F.S.

Bill Olson callbill at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:47:27 EDT 2018

Hi all, I have a DEMI 1296 transverter for sale. It came to me from Chuck, WA3IAC. This is the helical resonator filter model with a single board and the LO under a little tin can. It's in the extruded clamshell case (not diecast, vintage is 2002-2008). . The transverter started life as a 1295-144LP model but I looked in there and the cutout for the power amp module (originally a Mitsubishi M67715) was in there, D.C. all wired up and just jumpered input to output so the transverter did about 10-15 milliwatts. I had an NEC SC1043 module and it fits in the hole. With some minor lead bending,  I got it in there and we now have a 5 watt transverter. It has the 1-10 watt I.F. drive option installed set for 5 watts input at 144, but that is easily changed. The transverter is also set up for common IF (BNC) and split RF (SMA female connectors), thought that TOO can also be changed. The onboard antenna relay is in there with an N connector on the back panel, so going back to common RF is easy. There is no "aux" RCA jack (like for antenna relay etc) on the back panel so if you used this with an external amp and preamp you'd to need to add an aux output or key it from a sequencer. The 2 RCA jacks on the rear are Power 13.8vdc and PTT wired for Gnd to TX. I'll put the thing back to "common RF" no charge if that's how you want to use it (i.e. "stand alone")

here's the manual for basically all the versions off the DEMI web page. http://01895fa.netsolhost.com/PDF/Manuals/1296-144CKrD.PDF

This transverter is very clean and I'd like $200 plus shipping for it.

I also have an Mitsubishi M57762 ~18 watt power amp built sort of "dead bug" style on a heatsink. This originally went with the transverter though they don't really mate up that well since the M57762 module needs 500mW drive and the transverter now does 5+ watts out. I figured someone might want it just for the module which is good and pretty rare these days. There's an SMA relay on there 18-20 volt coil which I assume works (maybe a bit slowly) at 13.8v.. also some SMA jumpers etc. $50 + ship gets you the whole thing.

Happy to answer questions and I can send pix.

prefer PayPal for payment..

bill, K1DY