[VHFcontesting] What separates a decent transverter from an awesome transverter?

Patrick Thomas p-thomas at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 24 22:31:36 EDT 2018

Hey all,

Subject more or less says it all... I guess better sensitivity, lower noise, better selectivity, and better linearity are the essentials in vague and relative terms, but what attributes do you look for in a REALLY GOOD transverter?

Or for those who have gone further into making them... what components, construction techniques, etc., make a difference?

Partly this is a question I hear a lot and only have a vague notion of how to answer other than "obviously the expensive ones are better... somehow." :)

And partly it is a request for topics for self-guided study/experimentation as I attempt my own homebrew projects.

Many thanks,

Patrick - KB8DGC