[VHFcontesting] What separates a decent transverter from an awesome transverter?

Steve(K1IIG) stephen.tripp at snet.net
Wed Apr 25 14:11:51 EDT 2018

Paul, Most of my xverters are Demi up to 10ghz and I like them for few
reasons. They hold up well mounted topside, they are very stable with the
Apollo board and support is excellent. The micro-lo does drift esp outside
but the xtal control
does have a plus, it is clean. All the synthesizers I have used are not and
can cause havoc if you have close by ham neighbors. For that reason I do not
run my 432 beacon with syn boards instead I am using a clean transceiver
that seems to hold freq
within 100hz.  Of course you can spend some more $$ and go with a Kuhne but
should it break it will take a long time to get fixed not to mention
shipping charges.
I just purchased a couple of transverters from the Transverter Store,
http://transverters-store.com/ and would not recommend them. One was
unusable and the other required a preamp. Both LO's were way off freq. The
best I can say is they came
in a nice enclosure. It is a cheap way to get on the air but you get what
you pay for. Cheap price, Cheap product. Check out the complaint on the net,
I should have. I would not put them in the decent category let alone the
awesome one.

Before you spend more $$ I would talk with Steve at Demi and see if he has
any suggestions.

73'
Steve