[VHFcontesting] Favorite path analysis programs, and topo map question

Dana Shtun VE3DS ve3ds at acanac.net
Mon Aug 6 20:04:31 EDT 2018

I have operated from our family cottage at Southampton, ON on L Huron over the years 70 - 90’s  and from there its easy to work mobiles on 2 m ssb in Iowa…also lots of UHF VHF TV tropo happens I used to watch Wisconsin TV there on VHF and UHF…222/432 was great SE and NW..
VE3EMS (VE7PS)  lived in Elliot Lake on the North Shore of Huron and worked W5LUA on 222 tropo …
The lakes provide open water take offs which are really helpful for prop….The west end of Erie provides a good shot to the east… The trick is to find the high spots without trees back from the shore and well above lake level...

Dana VE3DS