[VHFcontesting] 2M MSK144 from EN75

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Aug 12 12:21:21 EDT 2018

I'm planning a trip to our cottage in northern Michigan (EN75) and am
bringing along my new 500W 2-meter amp.  I'd like to try some MSK144
while I'm there.  Current plans are to be active from about Tuesday,
August 22 through Sunday, August 26, plus or minus some antenna repair
work.

I hope to wake up in time to start calling CQ by 1100Z (0700 EDT) on
144.150 each morning.  I'll start with my beam pointing about 100
degrees and work my way around through south to the west. Unless
otherwise set up in a sked, I'll plan to transmit with the first/even
sequence.

I'm happy to try skeds, and will attempt to use Ping Jockey to
coordinate.  But my internet connection is sometimes flaky so by default
I'll CQ as noted above.

I'll also have a KW on 6M and will be happy to try MSK144/FT8/SSB/CW there.

I'm fairly new to MSK so am open to hints and suggestions.

73,
John N8UR
jra at febo.com