[VHFcontesting] 6m Sprint "Results"

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Sat Aug 25 23:38:54 EDT 2018

I confidently finished my system checks 2wks ago and buttoned up my rig for Sept.  On a lark I decided to set it up late this afternoon for the 6m Sprint to give out some points and try to reach N3IQ Brian (K3MEC contest station).

When I put power to the winch to raise the fold over mast I was greeted with a loud pop and smoke.  Spent the evening replacing the winch and the grossly undersized Chinesium power cable.  If this has happened on a mountain top in Sept I would have been SOL.

It was a fantastic sprint.  I am very very happy I tried to get on the air.

Hope everyone had fun.  I could not be  happier with my score of zero.  Sorry I wasnt there for you Brian.

73
John
KM4KMU

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail