[VHFcontesting] Microwave Liaising in the Rover

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Mon Aug 27 11:33:17 EDT 2018

Hi Sean.   In my (quite limited) experience I have typically used 144 MHz SSB to coordinate contacts on 1296 MHz.   During my last attempt at long haul 1296 contacts I found a 50 watt 144 MHz radio and a 4 element beam was more than adequate for coordinating a contact at 1296 with 10 watt radios and 55 element antennas at each end.

I worked a number  of stations on the 144 MHz liaison frequency that I wasn't able work on 1296.

Your mileage may vary (:

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ