[VHFcontesting] Sept Prep done KM4KMU FM

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 22:27:44 EDT 2018

S 1-1 tests done.  Nothing over 1.0dB
S 1-2 tests done.  Under 1.3 on all FM calling freqs, under 1.7 on SSB freqs for the same antennas (6m ssb is the laggard).

Voice checks done on all bands FM and SSB.  All good.

New mast mounted 70cm pre amp is a rock star adding 5-6 S units on FM and SSB with no noticable increase in noise. Now I should be able to hear out to 235 miles on 70cm FM  like I already can on 146.520 and 223.5.

Inverter generator tests done. 58 to 61hz, steady at 118VAC.  9 hrs per tank.

Deep cycle back up batteries tested at Autozone, both are 100%.

I will burn a pile of paper wax foil capacitors and wall worts next Thursday as an offering to the propagation gods (lower case intentional).

Did I forget anything?

73
John
KM4KMU