[VHFcontesting] Rover Battery Questions

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Thu Dec 20 11:53:51 EST 2018

Hi Steve.

I've had a variety of "interesting" battery voltage related issues over the years with newer vehicles.   Partially due to those "interesting" issues I run all most all my roving radios from  batteries that are separate from the "Starting Lighting Ignition" batteries in my vehicles.   (The only radio I typically run from the vehicle electrical system in my truck is a VHF FM mobile.)

I spent a reasonable amount of time working with the dealer for one of my vehicles as I felt the various low voltage "protocols" were being triggered far to early.   The dealer was  quite helpful.   They changed some parameters in the vehicle computer system, tested the charging system, and replaced the battery.   That somewhat improved matters.   Their final suggestion to me was to get a "battery tender" to keep the battery topped up.

Mark Spencer

Aligned Solutions Co.
mark at alignedsolutions.com
604 762 4099