[VHFcontesting] Rover Battery System

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Fri Dec 21 17:10:35 EST 2018

X2 on the battery booster, I use a TGE unit.  Lets your gear run at full rated output.  It will also save your bacon when good batteries go bad.  I dropped a cell about 8 hours before the end of the Sept 2016 contest and the booster kept me on the air at full power.  The blown cell in the  cab mounted battery pumped increasing amounts of  hydrogen sulfide gas into the Jeep but it didnt hurt too much until last hour.  So happy to have made that last sched (K8GP/R) and bail out.

73
John
KM4KMU

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail