[VHFcontesting] Rover Battery Questions

Bob Burns W9BU w9bu_lists at rlburns.net
Tue Dec 25 09:25:11 EST 2018

On 12/20/2018 4:20 PM, Steve Stahl wrote:

> I like Optima batteries but I do not always like the price.

If you were still working for Johnson Controls, you could buy Optimas at
a discount. That said, I'm not sure Optimas are all that they used to be
as JCI is trying to keep the cost down.

I've heard good things about Odyssey batteries from the extreme 4x4
guys. Optima and Odyssey are both AGM batteries which is a plus in an
environment where a battery will get bounced around a lot.

BTW, Johnson Controls recently announced that they had found a buyer for
their Power Solutions, aka automotive battery, division.

Bob...