[VHFcontesting] Transverter interfacing with FT290RII

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Wed Feb 14 11:08:35 EST 2018

Interesting..

Apparently I'm not the only one working thru these issues.  With my Icom radios I like to intercept the PTT line from the microphone, route the PTT line thru a sequencer, then key the radio, amp, etc via the sequencer.   It seems safer that way but yes sending CW with this scheme is a bit more complicated than using SSB.  I should probably add a foot switch for CW and need to ponder how to tie that into the the PTT scheme.

I also have a FT290 put aside for future use as an IF radio in my rover so this topic is of interest to me.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

mark at alignedsolutions.com