[VHFcontesting] Transverter interfacing with FT290RII

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Wed Feb 14 13:10:21 EST 2018

Support for digi modes is another issue as well.   Currently I have a setup where the microphone essentially plugs into the sequencer and the sequencer essentially plugs into the radio microphone input.  Works well for SSB but requires some  plugging and un plugging of cables to switch to digi modes.   The need to typically key the radios via a different PTT line when using the data input on the radios vs the microphone input also complicates things.

Also on my to do list is to figure out how to deal with my Icom 7300 while running digi modes on 50 MHz via it's USB interface which will add some more complexity to the sequencing scheme.   I'd like to be able to tie that radio into a sequencing scheme as well but currently I just use vox switching on the amp connected to the 7300.  The simplicity of simply having one USB cable from the computer to the radio is nice, but I would rather be able to sequence the 7300 and the amp (which is how the 2M station works.)

Lots to do and as I mentioned earlier this year I'm taking a bit of step back from digi mode operation in the rover (for some other reasons) for the time being.

73

Mark S
VE7AFZ

Aligned Solutions Co.