[VHFcontesting] OMG

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Mon Jul 23 17:09:00 EDT 2018

On 07/23/2018 01:45 PM, Mike Smith VE9AA wrote:
> Why not contact Joe Taylor K1JT directly and ask if he can implement some
> kind of semi-auto (or auto) switching between contest mode and not.  Maybe a
> big giant red flashing button in the software that says :
>
> "the guy calling you is in a contest and wants your gridsquare - switch to
> contest mode? Press here"

I have no dog in this fight, but IMO that's not going to fix it, for
two reasons. As others have noted, many are using the JTDX software,
which as far as I know doesn't have NA contest mode. After a similar
discussion following the June contest I saw significant push back
from non-contesters who said they did not want to work contesters.

Paul