[VHFcontesting] ARRL June VHF contest this weekend !!

Jim Worsham wa4kxy at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 6 23:26:21 EDT 2018

The W4NH Fourlanders VHF-UHF-SHF-Micro contest group (of which a number of
SVHFS members are also W4NH members) will again be on the air Sat. and Sun.
for the ARRL June VHF contest. The contest begins at 2:00 Sat. afternoon.

For this June contest the W4NH contesters will be operating  from north
Georgia in grid EM84 north of Dahlonega.  We will NOT be operating from our
NC EM85 location on Soco Bald for this outing.

We have stacked antenna arrays in the air again and equipment ready to
operate SSB and CW on 50-144-222-432-1296 MHz. Kilowatt amplifiers on the 4
lower bands provides QRO power.

Something new has been added for this contest.  We now have an array of dual
polarity 222 MHz EME antennas so will have EME capability now on the
144-222-432 bands.

We will be watching the ON4KST and N0UK (Ping Jockey) chat rooms for
schedules and spots. So if you want to schedule something (EME or
Terrestrial), look for us on these logger chat rooms. We also have JT-65,
MSK144, & FT8 mode capabilities on the 4 lower bands.

So..get on the air and make some VHF and UHF noise this weekend. We look
forward to having you in our logs.

More details about the contest can be found here >>>
http://www.arrl.org/june-vhf

73

Jim, W4KXY