[VHFcontesting] KK6MC/r itinerary

JamesDuffey jamesduffey at comcast.net
Fri Jun 8 10:21:34 EDT 2018

Having recovered from working the polls, I have been able to finally plan my rove. I am concentrating on southern NM this rove.

Time in grid (UTC)            Grid        Time leaving (UTC)
06-10-18
1800                    DM64OT        1915

       I am starting west of Los Lunas on Hwy 6 so that I can work 902MHGz before        I get to the exclusion zone. This is pretty much LOS to ABQ, so I should be        able to work everyone there.
2015                    DM64NA        2100

       I am stopping a second time in DM64, this time at the Socorro fairgrounds, to        have a better shot at the guys in the    southern part of the state as well as the        El Paso guys. No 902MHz from here though..

2115                    DM63NX        2230

       I am stopping as soon as I get to DM63 to work the guys in the north. I have        not stopped at this site before, so I am not sure how it will work out. I am still        in the 902MHz exclusion zone here. :^(=

2300                    DM63IA        2345

       I am stopping in the last grid in DM63 at the abandoned rest stop north of        Caballo in case I can’t get enough guys in the southern part of the state from        my first stop in DM63.

Change of date UTC 6-10-18 still the same MDT

0000Z                    DM62IX        0115

       This is the other end of the abandoned rest stop above. Nicely located.

0200Z                    DM62MN    0245Z

       I will not stop here if I have worked both N and S from the above stop.

0345Z                    DM61RV        0430Z

       This is the Transmountain Road scenic overlook on the west side. Should            have good shot to the west if anyone in AZ is still up. Watch my APRS.

Quit for night, overnight in El Paso.

Sunday Morning MDT

1400Z                    DM61RV        1500Z

       I am going to start where I left off the night before to try to work the Sunday        morning UHF crowd in AZ.

1600Z                    DM62QK    1630Z

       I will make a short stop on the Organ Mountain Pass to pick up people I may        have missed the first time I was there.

1745Z                    DM72AW    1800Z

       This is the parking lot of the NM Space Museum.

1830Z                    DM73AA        1945Z

       This is as far up Mountain Meadow Road in the La Luz foothills as I can go        before the road gets bad.

2030                    DM63XH    2100

       Near Oscura to give those who missed DM63 the day before an opportunity.

2130                    DM73AQ    2245

       Valley of Fire campground/picnic area west of Carrizozo

0115                    DM75BA        0230

       Rest Area 208, east of Moriarity

0245                    DM74BX        0300Z

       Dump south of I-40. End of contest.

I will be on APRS, so you should be able to get updates when I have coverage. Times are subject to change, if things are slow, I may leave early. There isn’t much slack to add time, but I may do that if the bands get good.

I will have bands 50MHz to 1296MHz.

I hope that everyone has a good contest. Listen for the weak ones. - Duffey KK6MC

James Duffey KK6MC
Cedar Crest NM