[VHFcontesting] Claimed score in cabrillo logs

Alan Larson wa6azp at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 02:25:21 EDT 2018

  I just sent in my log for the June VHF contest, and then noticed that the
logging program did something funny.

  It apparently calculated CLAIMED-SCORE: as ( TOTAL_QSOS - DUPES ) *
MULTIPLIERS.  It did not account for QSOs on 222 and above as being worth
more than one point each.  Thus, the claimed score was too low.

  I believe that I have read that the processing robot doesn't use that
number, but calculates the score independently.  (If so, why bother with
that line at all?)  Can someone connect me with the authoritative source of
how this works?

  I have already sent a note to the author of the logging software - with
my luck it will already have been fixed, showing I should have upgraded
before the contest.

        Alan