[VHFcontesting] FT8 and the ARRL June VHF Contest

chris at bangmoney.org chris at bangmoney.org
Tue Jun 12 09:27:33 EDT 2018

> In contest mode, have WSJT-X reference the station log for the contest
> so dupes don't even show as a CQing station. Only stations that need
> to be worked.  We would be checking to make sure we didn't waste
> someones time before we tried working someone.  If this is already
> built in the software, please enlighten me.

WSJTX has a network protocol that you can use to interface other
programs with it.  When WSJTX decodes a message, it sends its own
message over the network which your logger can use to see if the contact
would be a dupe or not.  Some loggers have this support built in, some
do not.

I wrote my own logging stuff and I added a very simple UI program that
has access to my QSO database and can look up whether a decoded message
would be a dupe or not.  That's how I can tell if I need a station for
WAS, DXCC, etc.  Once I start doing FT8 in the rover, I'll have to make
some tweaks for this kind of dupe checking as well.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell