[VHFcontesting] FT8 and Rovers another idea

Mark Spencer mark at alignedsolutions.com
Wed Jun 13 17:11:38 EDT 2018

How about asking the ARRL and other contest organizers to make the use of the "/R" suffix for Rovers optional ?

As a rover I could see myself calling CQ with a "/R" suffix and not bothering to send "/R" during WSJT-x qso's if I felt that was within the letter and spirit of the rules and it made WSJT-x qso's easier (which I believe it would.) On balance I suspect this would cause less confusion than the current FT8 situation vis a vis Rovers.   From a logging perspective it would be up to each contestant to declare themselves as having been a "Rover" or not when submitting their logs.

Comments ?

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ