[VHFcontesting] A Quick Explanation...

Marshall-K5QE k5qe at k5qe.com
Wed Jun 20 23:12:50 EDT 2018

Hello my fellow VHFers.....A friend sent me this request.....

Marshall, your writing is a good complete explanation, but too long for
the short attention span crowd that has infested FT8. Need to write it
in 6 short sentences that can be read in 15 seconds....

I sent him back the following:

1)VHF operators exchange GRIDS not -02 or 59, even in casual operating
2)VHF Contests require the exchange of GRIDS
3)The NA Contest Mode guarantees that GRIDS are properly exchanged in a
contest AND it takes less time
4)Any Questions??

While this is only semi-serious, IF we could somehow get this widely
published to the folks who need it, that would solve a lot of issues.

73 Marshall K5QE