[VHFcontesting] Signals on 6M and 2M at the same time??

Bart Jahnke bjahnke at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 13:37:27 EDT 2018

Hello Sean and Reflectors,

We have reviewed the ARRL VHF Contest Rules, and with input from
helpful souls we have reviewed the ARRL Board action history.

In January 2015, in conjunction with the announcement of the expansion
of spotting assistance and added categories in the all ARRL VHF
Contests, the ARRL Board approved several changes including to “…allow
single operators to transmit on more than one band at a time.”

This was published in ARRL News 21 January 2015 at
http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-board-okays-changes-to-dxcc-program-vhf-and-above-contesting-rules

This action was intended to apply to all ARRL VHF/UHF Contests above 50 MHz.

Accordingly, the online rules for the January, June and September VHF
Contests, as well as the "222 MHz and Above Distance Contest" have
been adjusted to conform to this policy.

Earlier, the January, June and September Contest Rules on line "sort
of" said this in the miscellaneous rules at the bottom, but did not
clearly state this in the section 3 rules which were specific to
Single Operator stations.

These adjustments will bring the VHF Contest Rules into harmony -
permitting single operators to transmit on more than one band at a
time at the same time.

With thanks to all who asked, and who wrote in with references to the
2015 ARRL News item...

73,

Bart Jahnke, W9JJ
Contest Branch Manager
ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio™
225 Main St
Newington CT 06111
860-594-0232
w9jj at arrl.org