[VHFcontesting] K1FJM/6-N6ZE/6 Initial Sept ARRL VHF Contest Comments

peter h n6ze at aol.com
Mon Sep 10 10:23:12 EDT 2018

With very limited time availability and catching up from a month up in CN87, I did something different, for me, for the September VHF Contest. I operated from a slightly elevated parking lot in DM04ne, about 1/2 mile West of my Thousand Oaks, CA, home QTH.

I decided to do FM LP only, which permits only 6, 2, 135, 70 cm only and used K1FJM/6, the callsign of the Thousand Oaks EME Club.

To exercise 33 cm, I resorted to using N6ZE/6 for 2 QSOs in 2 grids.

As such, I am submitting 2 entries!

Roving rules currently permit "Rover" category if you move between 2 or more grids and no longer stipulate that QSOs shall be made from each grid. BUT there is still no way for an entrant to move about in 1 grid only, whether as a mobile, rover, or whatever! GRRRRR. I sure wish that 225 Main Street would fix this problem.

Operational K1FJM/6 & N6ZE/6 comments, subject to revision, are posted on 3830.

bt73
Pete, N6ZE in DM04ne today