[VHFcontesting] FN55 result and comments

Keith Morehouse w9rm at calmesapartners.com
Mon Sep 17 10:28:27 EDT 2018

>From a VHF perspective, FT8 & MSK144 aren't 'destroying amateur radio 15
seconds at a time'.  That's the job of the 'unenlightened' op's who
stubbornly refuse to move OFF those modes when the band opens for sporadic
E during the summer contests.  The September and January VHF contests are
ready-made for these modes !

Note I said contests - what you do outside a contest is you're own
business.  This is a contesting reflector and the idea of contesting is to
score as high as possible.  Being a 'one mode wonder' on FT8 when there is
sporadic E on 6M during a contest is hurting, not helping, your score.

-W9RM

Keith J Morehouse
Managing Partner
Calmesa Partners G.P.