[VHFcontesting] All BS Aside: Who Operated During 2 meter SPRINT on Monday, 08April2019?

Vhfrover vhfrover at aol.com
Wed Apr 10 17:30:23 EDT 2019

There was good activity in and around the Chicago area.  In casual on and off operation with low power and a small 4-el beam up about 18 feet (portable push up pole style, no rotor) I made 26 Qs from 16 different grids (6 or 7 states).  Two Rovers were out there working everyone and there might have been a third Rover that unfortunately I did not connect with.  Other stations in the area with better antenna systems, longer on the air time and maybe more power did much better.
As some say, Location, Location, Location!  I'll bet that the operators in the northeast had a lot more local activity.
Best of luck in the 222 MHz sprint coming up on Tuesday April 16th and 73Mike WB8BZK