[VHFcontesting] Ontario QSO Party

Steve Kavanagh sjkavanagh1 at yahoo.ca
Fri Apr 19 08:16:39 EDT 2019

Keep in mind that the Ontario QSO Party, happening this weekend, includes a VHF component (50 and 144 MHz, CW and phone).  I expect there to be some activity on these bands, as well as on HF.  No digital modes are allowed.

The contest runs from Saturday at 1800 UTC to 0500 UTC on Sunday and then again on Sunday from 1200 to 1800 UTC.  Exchange is signal report and county/region/city for Ontario stations, state/province/country for everyone else.  Stations located on county lines can give more than one county in an exchange - but log it as two QSOs.   Suggested VHF frequencies are 50.130, 52.540, 144.205 and 146.550 MHz.  You can work each station on phone (SSB or FM) and again on CW.  Rovers can be worked again in each county visited.

Full rules and list of Ontario multipliers with their standard abbreviations are at

http://www.va3cco.com/oqp/index.htm

I plan to be involved in a multi-operator entry by members of the Burlington Amateur Radio club, operating as VE3CJ at a good VHF site in Halton Region.  We hope to work you!

73,
Steve VE3SMA