[VHFcontesting] [VHF] [amsat-bb] 5 Band VUCC Award

barry at k7bwh.com barry at k7bwh.com
Mon Apr 22 09:42:03 EDT 2019

Pacific Northwest VHF Society has 'Lewis & Clark Grid Explorer' awards for both rovers and base stations in WA, OR, ID and BC. http://www.pnwvhfs.org/LewisAndClark.html

Barry K7BWH

-----Original Message-----
From: VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting-bounces at contesting.com> On Behalf Of Donald M. Ross via VHFcontesting
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2019 5:23 AM
To: 'Les Rayburn' <les at highnoonfilm.com>; 'Gabriel Zeifman' <gabrielzeifman at gmail.com>
Cc: W3IZ at arrl.org; 'Taratula, Sharon' <staratula at arrl.org>; 'AMSAT BB' <amsat-bb at amsat.org>; 'VHF Contesting Reflector' <vhfcontesting at contesting.com>; 'Greg Sarratt W4OZK' <w4ozk at arrl.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [VHF] [amsat-bb] 5 Band VUCC Award

Les,

Central States VHF Society has the Reverse VUCC (VUCC/r) award ( http://csvhfs.org/index.php/awards-and-programs/reverse-vucc ).

Don, AC5D

-----Original Message-----

From: VHF < <mailto:vhf-bounces at w6yx.stanford.edu> vhf-bounces at w6yx.stanford.edu> On Behalf Of Les Rayburn via VHF

Sent: Monday, 22 April, 2019 01:11

To: Gabriel Zeifman < <mailto:gabrielzeifman at gmail.com> gabrielzeifman at gmail.com>

Cc: Greg Sarratt W4OZK < <mailto:w4ozk at arrl.org> w4ozk at arrl.org>;  <mailto:vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu> vhf at w6yx.stanford.edu; AMSAT BB < <mailto:amsat-bb at amsat.org> amsat-bb at amsat.org>;  <mailto:W3IZ at arrl.org> W3IZ at arrl.org; VHF Contesting Reflector < <mailto:vhfcontesting at contesting.com> vhfcontesting at contesting.com>; Taratula, Sharon < <mailto:staratula at arrl.org> staratula at arrl.org>

Subject: Re: [VHF] [amsat-bb] 5 Band VUCC Award

Gabe,

Excellent, and I mean excellent point. It’s high time the ARRL did something to recognize rovers when it comes to VUCC.

BTW, I need Alaska on satellite! :-)

Thanks for all the roving you do. Those of us at home are grateful more than you can know.

Les Rayburn, N1LF

Maylene, AL

EM63nf

AMSAT #38965, ARRL Life Member, CVHS Life Member, SVHF Member

 <mailto:VHF at w6yx.stanford.edu> VHF at w6yx.stanford.edu

 <mailto:VHFcontesting at contesting.com> VHFcontesting at contesting.com