[VHFcontesting] [amsat-bb] [VHF] 5 Band VUCC Award

K7XC Tim Marek k7xcnv1 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 16:28:06 EDT 2019

Hi Gabe,

Please don't think I am am anti satellite,

I was active for years on AO-10 and AO-13 and the Russian LEO birds of 2up
and 10 down, etc.

What I am Against is an Award that allows credits from both in the same
award...

ASSISTED QSOs IE: Satellites, Repeaters, Etc
                          and
UNASSISTED QSOs IE: Tropo, Es, MS, EME, etc

Within the SAME AWARD!

It makes no sense to mix the two in one award as they are Apple and Oranges
IE: Not the same animal.

Weather I have made any recent Satellite contacts or not has no bearing on
my point!

73s de Tim - K7XC - DM09jh.. sk

Adapt, Overcome, Succeed!