[VHFcontesting] FN55 432 Sprint results

N1BUG paul at n1bug.com
Thu Apr 25 06:17:35 EDT 2019

Only 8 QSOs but from here that's not bad. Among them were N2NT 437
miles and W2KV 444 miles who was very solid 559. I would call that
loud. I missed a few I probably could have worked. Heard but did not
work K3TUF at 503 miles. All from an average or worse QTH that is
not on a hill. They said I was crazy (well, that's true enough) and
to be honest, even I wondered about my ability to build a K1FO-40
but I think I pulled it off!

I'm going to try to get 6 meters added back into the mix to make it
the lower four by June. I've decided to build relays to share a feed
line between HF and 6m. That is the best option to preserve future
expansion possibilities.

I can't help feeling with the new station and antennas all over 100
feet, clear of all the trees there is little to no difference in
what I can work between 144-222-432. Fascinating. It wasn't like
this with low antennas! Still wondering how much more challenging /
distance limited 1296 is but hopeful when and if I get it running I
will be able to work a few.

73,
Paul N1BUG FN55mf