[VHFcontesting] Busy times during VHF contests

Chris Lumens chris at lumensoutdoors.org
Mon Dec 16 10:32:29 EST 2019

> I will be operating my first contest during the January VHF Contest.
>
> I was wondering when the busy times were.
>
> I know the start will be,
> How about Sunday?

Two thoughts...

(1) Here in New England, we have noticed that if there is a football
game on, activity will be way down.

(2) If there's some rovers in your area, they will help generate
activity.  You can work a rover every time it enters a new grid.  If
there's going to be one or two within range for you, there will be
periods throughout the day where you can grab some more contacts.  More
rovers and more bands will make that period longer.

--
Chris Lumens - KG6CIH
Hike * MTB * XC Ski * Haskell