[VHFcontesting] Setting up TE RF amp for use with a sequencer.

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Mon Dec 16 17:33:56 EST 2019

Joe,

Just got off the phone with TE systems.  It was reccomended that I simply cut a lead on the capacitor that has one lead on the center conductor of the RF input.  This disables RF sensing so the PA will only turn on when pin 2 goes to ground.  The pre amp is at risk if I happen to turn it on.  Easiest fix there is safety wire to lock it down (off) or a strip of duct tape.

73
John
KM4KMU
Don’t blow up the internal pre-amp accidentally.  The RF sense protects against losing the hardwired PTT.