[VHFcontesting] Busy times during VHF contests

Sean Waite waisean at gmail.com
Mon Dec 16 20:13:05 EST 2019

Rovers can generate their own activity. Be aware of the big stations around
and try and get their contact info. Many times we've called a station,
worked them and the noise of that contact has brought in other Qs. Make
sure to ask if anyone else is around before changing bands, I've picked up
stations to run while on 70cm or 1.25m working someone, and last year heard
a spontaneous 5GHz contact of all things.

Right at start, after dinner, right after lunch (unless the Pats are
playing) and right at the very end tend to be busy for us.

In a rover, if the contacts die down, move. You can work everyone again.

Good luck and 73,
Sean WA1TE