[VHFcontesting] contest grid activity summaries?

nosigma at aol.com nosigma at aol.com
Wed Jul 3 17:37:30 EDT 2019

A grid map showing the number of active contesting stations in each could be a powerful tool for rovers during route selection or for siting a temporary station to maximize Q's.  It would be even more useful if it identified the number of station active on each band in each grid since that would give a good read on how many multipliers would be possible from a given location and station capability.

Of course it would not include stations that did not submit logs unless you used the data on both sides of the QSO, which would include uniques.  Uniques would be problematic and skew the data (I typically run 50% to 70% uniques on FM) as they only get on the air because I ask them to.  FM is always sn outlier, I have no idea what the average number of uniques exist in other vhf/uhf logs but I assume it's much much lower.

This is a tempting project to undertake.  I love metadata.

73
John
KM4KMU

I love metadata.